Membership is primarily aimed at people in the Canberra district, but we also have members from outside the district. A fee reduction applies to those too far away or unable to attend meetings for health reasons.
Club members enjoy many benefits, including;
- Regular opportunities through Club meetings and associated events to expand and enhance your woodworking skills
- Influencing Club programs to focus on your woodworking priorities
- Opportunities to work with other members on team projects
- Sharing your skills with other members
- Social interactions with fellow home based woodworkers
- Learning from other members on how to build and further develop your home workshop
- Sharing information on where to find woodworking equipment and supplies
- Competitions, including a photo-based competition open to long distance members
- Woodworking excursions in and around Canberra
- Insurance cover while attending Club events and working on Club projects
- Presentations from leading woodworkers in the Canberra region
Those who are likely to gain the most from joining the Club are home based woodworkers who have their own equipment and prefer to work from home. Owners of Triton Work Centres will realize additional benefits given the Club’s ongoing support for users of this equipment.
The annual financial year membership fee is $40. For members joining between 1 January and 30 June the fee is reduced to $20. A 50% discount applies to people living more than 50km radial distance from Canberra.
Prospective members may like to have a look at our Constitution.
Like to become member? Please click on the membership form below to download it and fill it in (either online or printed).
You can then;
- Mail it to the Treasurer together with a cheque at our postal address, P.O. Box 494 Belconnen ACT 2616
- Email it to the Treasurer (treasurer @ tocact.org.au) and use EFT to pay
- Or better still – drop it into us at our next meeting and pay on the night
Club meetings are held at 7.00 pm on the first Wednesday of each month, except January, at the Stromlo Forest Scout Group Hall, Tantangara St, Duffy.
For further membership enquiries, please contact the Secretary @ tocact.org.au.
Already a member? Please login to see all our newsletters, archives and presentations.