The Club was established in 1997 to provide support and training in the use of Triton products. Over time the Club has evolved to foster the development of more general woodworking skills. Members do not need to own a Triton product to benefit from the skills and training provided through the Club and its activities. The Club caters for all woodworkers of any skill level and particularly welcomes beginners.
The Club is also active in the local community providing financial and practical support to local organisations and charities.
These aims are reflected in the objectives of the Club as set out in our Constitution, namely:
- To provide education and training on the correct use and setting up of Triton products and other machinery used for working with wood
- To foster development of woodworking skills in general
- To provide financial and practical support to certain organisations and charities as decided by the members and agreed to by the committee
- To promote good fellowship among those interested in working with wood
- To promote and educate members in matters relating to Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) as an ongoing requirement.
Meetings are held at 7.00 pm on the first Wednesday of each month*, except January. Additonal meetings will be advised under upcoming events.
The Club meets at the Stromlo Forest Scout Group Hall, Tantangara St, Duffy (get directions)
Club nights consist of demonstrations of Triton and other woodworking equipment, presentations from local experts and open discussions on woodworking projects and problems.
The Club also arranges excursions to local woodworking businesses and other places of interest. These have included visits to Monaro Timber, the behind the scenes workshop for Questacon and Thor’s Hammer timber recycling centre.
The final meeting of the year is a competition night and annual barbecue.
Meetings during the year generally follow the stages of a woodwork project, with the particular project focus changing from year to year.
This year members will be looking at Workshops and all they entail.