For members who are thinking of putting an entry into the photo competition, these are the rules and criteria – all the best!
Rules Relating to the 2020 Photographic Competition
- Projects submitted for the competition should have been constructed by members entering the competition, within the last 3 years and not previously entered in a Club competition.
- Projects should be of a nature whereby they cannot be entered into the Club’s annual woodworking competition, for example, they are too large/ fixed in place, etc.
- Judging of projects will be undertaken by all members present at the meeting at which the competition is held.
- As projects will be judged based on photographs and related descriptions, entrants should ensure they submit sufficient photographs to enable a full assessment of the merits of their entry or entries.
- Photographs of the project during construction phase would be welcome.
- Photographs should, if possible, be taken from different angles and include close ups of any notable woodworking features or joints.
- Entrants should submit for each project a brief fact sheet detailing materials and techniques used and any notable features of the project.
- There will be three categories of projects – indoor projects, outdoor projects and workshop projects.
- Entries should be submitted via email to Ron* to allow circulation to members.
- Entrants will be requested to make a brief presentation to members prior to judging.
*email webmaster @ tocact.org.au if you don’t have Ron’s email address and we’ll pass it on
The judging criteria and points allocations for the competition are as follows:
- Finish (appropriate for conditions and well applied) 20 pts
- Construction (techniques, joints, etc) 25 pts
- Design 25 pts (more points for original or modified designs)
- Use of recycled material 10 pts
- Fit for use (how useful is it?) 20 pts